What comprises Assessment & Diagnosis ADHD Autism?
- Interview with parents and child together or separately as the wish of parents. We focus Diagnosis ADHD Autism with a family’s main concern, detail history of pregnancy, birth history, past medical history, family history, schooling and education, emotional and psychological issues if any.
- Observation and assessment of developmental skills such as gross motor, fine motor, hand eye co ordination, interactive social, self care social, cognitive ability through different mental developmental assessment tools.
- We may ask parents to complete some questionnaires such as Connors for ADHD, CARS(Childhood Autism Rating score) for Autism or ASDOS for Asperger Syndrome and others.This whole process usully lasts 1- 1 1/2 hrs.To reduce the waiting with uncertainty and anxiety of parents to find a Diagnosis ADHD Autism and ultimate treatment we try our best to identify with a probable diagnosis or a nearest possible diagnosis of the child’s problem by the end of the first assessment session.
- With some complex cases where further information or investigations are required we will inform and explain to parents with our opinion and possible suspected differential diagnosis. In some obvious cases it is possible to give a firm diagnosis after first assessment.For patients from the UK, the ideal method of referral is through their own GPs, other consultants or other health professionals.
- In some cases to facilitate quick assessment, identification and early intervention we also accept direct referrals from the parents.The main components of our assessment specially if suspected of Autism, ADHD, Dyspraxia, learning disability is going thorough detail history from pregnancy.
- While the interview goes on we keep close observation of the child in the clinic. Then if possible we use some special tools for neurodevelopmental assessment followed by neurological examination. All these tools of assessment and examination are non aggressive, rather child friendly and externally administered.After we have taken a full and thorough history, we turn our attention towards an examination and observation.
But please note that our observation of the child starts right from the moment he or she enters the clinic room.Continuing with the examination and observation if time permits ,child is not already tired or bored, we carry out a developmental assessment using different tools such as:
Griffith Mental Developmental Assessment Tool Schedule of Growing Skills II3DI Computer Test (for children suspected of Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome ,Atypical Autism,ADHD) Systemic neurological examination. May ask parents/teachers to complete;
a. Connor’s Questionnaires b. ASDS Questionnaires c. CARS questionnaires d. CCH questionnaires etc.Usually after assessment our action plans are as follows.
- We will explain the diagnosis or probable diagnosis to the parents in the simplest and layman’s language.In the case diagnosis is confirmed we will recommend an intervention plan and best therapeutic approach.
- Explain and discuss the right treatment approach suitable for the child.If there is any need for further investigation, we will advise and arrange .If the child has learning difficulty we will discuss and explain about educational plan including special education needs provision and statementing process and how to find help and support locally in nursery,in school and through local authorities such as health and education.
- If the child needs to be referred to any speech therapist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, clinical psychologist, educational psychologist, with the agreement of the parents we would arrange the referral to the appropriate therapist. Finally we will take any question from parents.
To book an appointment contact Telephone No; 07862686304. Email is: email@example.com. Alternatively call me at 07981 906 042
Finally our consultation fee for 1-1 1/2 hour consultation is £350.00. Dr Mustafa is an approved insurance provider for BUPA,AXA PPP,NORWICH UNION ,Cigna and Standard Life.